Monday, March 29, 2010

OHanami (Cherry Blossom Viewing)

I went to an Ohanami Party (called Yozakura, or nighttime cherry blossom viewing) recently which was organized by my landlord.  Pictures are here.   All of the tenants who attended the event brought food from the countries we came from.  I brought Trader Joe's dark chocolate pretzel bark, which sparked an intensely happy reaction from a couple of girls who had lived and gone to school on the West Coast many years ago.  They missed Trader Joe's!
Sakura Cherry Blossom Viewings in Ueno Park on a cold, rainy, windy day. 

People strolling down Ueno Park sidewalks.
Boughs full of blossoms.  More to come!
Close-up.
Groups of people sit together under the blossoms and have picnics together.  When the weather is fine, all of the sidewalks are lined with people sitting on blue tarps enjoying the blossoms.
Tokyo cityscape.
Very pink tree!
Full bloom.

4 comments:

  1. Extremely interesting!
    Well-done blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm impressed with your intrepid spirit and savvy ability with technology. What a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did the Big America Texas Burger make you feel a little less homesick? (since its big and american and texan, of course... :)

    ReplyDelete