So many good omens today!!!!
Good Omen #1: First, as I was making breakfast this morning, I noticed a piece of trash that one of my housemates had left on the table. I was about to throw it away when I took a closer look at it. It was a tissue wrapper advertising services (including volunteer services) provided by the 日本赤十字 Japanese Red Cross!!!!!! Wow!!!!! In Japan, small travel-sized tissue packs are often used by stores and companies (health and human service organiations as well, apparently) to advertise sales, promotions, shops, services, etc. People are paid to stand on the corners of busy intersections and pass out these tissue packets, much like they're paid to dress up in weird costumes or hand out flyers in the US (that happens in Japan too). Anyway, people take these tissues and they often come in handy since Japanese public bathrooms frequently don't provide any tissue paper!!!! People often hide their tissue packets in designer cloth covers - I've seen a Burberry cloth tissue packet before. Knowing Japan, I'm sure Prada, Louis Vuitton, and Hermès versions exist as well.
Good Omen #2: I don't really like the house I'm living in right now (too big, dirty kitchen, not well laid out, weird neighborhood) and I'm interested in moving to a different house, so I set up a tour with a representative from my landlord's company. I loved everything about the house and the room, but the real clincher was that there were three Japanese Red Cross stickers on the doorframe as you enter the house.
SURELY these are cosmic signs that indicate three things:
- That I'm meant to be in Japan right now.
- That I'm meant to volunteer at the Japanese Red Cross.
- That I'm meant to leave this house (wadded up piece of trash sign) and move to the new house (clean, crisp stickers on the door frame sign).
completely agree!! listeeeennnn to the coooosmoooss rebeeeccaaaa (said in an impressive echo voice of course)
ReplyDeleteVery good signs. Do listen to them!
ReplyDelete