I FINALLY MOVED! Last night, my former housemates gave me a little send-off, and I went on my way!
Although it kind of broke my heart to spend such a beautiful day (65 and sunny) going to the landlord offices to pay rent, return to my old house and do the check-out procedure, and haul my possessions to the new house, as soon as I stepped foot in this new place, I knew it was worth it!!!
My room is BEAUTIFUL, clean and spacious (will come in handy when friends and family come to visit). It also has lots of delightful Japanese elements, like little cubby closet things (usually for futon), shoji screens and a kotatsu, or sunken table with heaters on the bottom to warm your feet. Furthermore, my new housemates seem (so far) to be pretty nice. There are two Canadian guys and one Australian guy here working and/or traveling and/or seeing significant others. I'm all settled in and celebrating with some tea and cake.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Extremely lovely place!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you survived the move and celebrated.
yay! make sure to send out the new address, I want to send you things :D
ReplyDeleteYay congratulations!
ReplyDelete