Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Volunteer?

I'd tentatively set up a time to meet with the Japanese Red Cross for today, but nobody had confirmed a time with me and I was feeling pessimistic that it would actually happen.  This morning came and went with no email, and I resigned myself (for like the third time) to thinking that it would probably come to nothing.  At about 12:30, the Japanese Red Cross called me out of the blue and explained that they had been emailing me for the past four days (I didn't get a single message!  What happened???) and that they would like me to come in to meet with them this afternoon at 5:00 p.m.

So... that's how I find myself now, frantically trying to remember the most polite tenses of Japanese and looking up the characters for words like international disaster relief, blood donation operation, disaster relief fundraising, and first aid.

I hope it goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment